Monday, March 13

favorite past times

Wishing my dad was here. We have been playing catch all day for the past two days. We each got a new leather glove...some softballs...and a bat. Who knew softball stuff was so expensive. We've even been hitting the batting cages. I'm also inclined to take the kids to a baseball game down in Round Rock.
Devin starts her softball team on April 1st and so we've been practicing. My dad is the one who told me,"she needs to be playing softball. She has an arm like a boy and I've never seen that before." So she's signed up and we're getting her in shape. Who knew that the sound of the ball hitting the leather would bring back such childhood memories. I imagine my dad has been here watching us lately. He's sitting on the bench smoking his cigarettes and I can here his voice giving Dev some advice on how to do it. She was his little lady. He'd also be telling Drake some things as well and calling him Buck. That's what he called him.

As with Baseball bringing back some childhood wiffle ball memories so did some blackberries I had tonight. They are expensive so we don't buy them that often but when we get them we serve them in milk with a little bit of sugar. It is to die for and it reminds me of my Aunt Pat's house. She lived in Methuen and near her fence line were blackberry bushes. We would go out there and pick them and eat them right off the bush. We would also have some with milk and sugar. Delicious. The three of us huddle around the bowl trying to eat more than the other. So good! I would have taken a photo but my batteries are recharging!
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Mel said...

Meuthen, MA?

Ahhh I miss softball... I played it for years. However, I'm jealous that you were able to spend time outside with shortsleeves. We can't do that yet.

4:53 AM  
Blogger ChristyR said...

Yes Methuen Mass! At first I thought I spelled it incorrectly but I see...your asking about MA? Yes! MA!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home