Sunday, March 12

Jose Cuervo

So went horseback riding today. This time Drake went too! Dev got Muncher again, Drake asked for the largest horse and got it-his name was Dallas. I got Jose Cuervo. His mother's name was Tequila Sunrise. Father's name was Tequila Shooter and Jose's daughter's name is Sky Vodka.
Obviously this all runs in the family. Well the horse is a bit on the crazy side.
The trail guide knows us so he said he was giving me Jose. I ask if Jose is gentle and just likes walking. Some will trot off-Muncher-and I want back in one piece. He says no that horse is good. Just keep him from the females because he thinks he's still a stallion and if another horse walks up on him he's going to kick him.
Well my horse Jose is no fun. I found out rather early he's not that nice and doesn't enjoy someone on his back. He bucked, stumbled, and ran most of the time. He would shake his head back and forth and neigh. I was white knuckling the saddle the entire ride and most just laughed at me the entire time.
Drake and Dallas had a good time. Everyone else did as a matter of fact. All were jealous of my trotting around. They thought it funny every time I was yelling whoah at my horse. Jose is just not something I want to experience in a saddle. At home in a Margarita sure.
So below is a picture I was able to snap while mine decided to stop and eat some grass-yes I had no control-and the nice lady in the white shirt decided she enjoyed a smoke while riding the trail so that was enjoyable for all behind her. The man in front of her is the trail guide. All in all it was a great time and my kids were not scared. Most of the time they weren't holding on and enjoying their time. I was white knuckling thinking at any moment Jose is gonna say eff it I want her off me.

Mike do you remember horse back riding in Hawaii? I think you had a crazy horse too if I remember correctly. That was a fun day!
 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Mel said...

Hopefully your arse isn't sore from the mexican trotter!

You did a great job with getting pictures though!

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home